SGI hosted a webinar on the Just Transition on Wednesday, May 17th. We were delighted that ICCR’s Mary Hiebert joined us along with SGI board members Tom Content and Sr. Pegge Boehm, P.B.V.M. Mary offered an overview of the just transition, a look at some of the measures, and highlighted ICCR’s efforts in this area. Tom spoke to his work on behalf of rate payers with the Citizens’ Utility Board of Wisconsin, Supporting a Just & Equitable Energy Transition. Sr. Pegge spoke to the perspective of a “Faith-ful Stockholder.”
We are so very grateful to our presenters who shared with us from their wisdom and experience.
Some resources that might be helpful to deepen awareness and understanding:
- International Labor Organization: Guidelines for a just transition towards environmentally sustainable economies and societies for all
- Climate Justice Alliance: Just Transition: A Framework for Change
- World Benchmark Alliance: Just Transition Indicators
- CA100+: Net Zero Company Benchmark
- ICCR: 2022 Investor Statement on Job Standards & Community Impacts in the Just Transition